Who doesn’t like a good road trip? With so many destinations to choose from, there’s always another adventure to be made. (Be sure to read about our Top 5 Road Trip Destinations in 2021 HERE ).
Whether you are searching for the perfect camping spot or trekking across the country, be sure to include these five essentials when you start packing!
#1: CLOTHING AND PERSONAL ITEMS
While we all know to pack enough changes of clothes for the duration of the trip, here is a list
of extras you don’t want to forget before you pull out of the driveway!
- Toiletries: toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, washcloths, deodorant, sunscreen, moisturizer,
shaving accessories, etc.
- A hat or two
- Laundry bag to stay organized
- Extra duffel or backpack for day trips
- Handkerchief, toilet paper, and/or paper towels for spills or other emergencies
- Hand sanitizer
- Pain killers
- Insect repellent
#2: IN THE CAR
Whether you’re taking your own vehicle or driving a rental, remember to bring the items from this list for an easy and stress-free trip while you’re in the car.
- Cell phone
- Paper map for low-service areas
- Car charger
- Portable charger
- Hands-free phone mount
- Coins and paper money for tolls, gas stations, air pumps, parking meters, etc.
- Electronic pass for tolls
- Baby wipes for spills
- Garbage bag/bin
- Travel credit cards with reward points
#3: ITEMS FOR COMFORT/ENTERTAINMENT
Now that you’ve got your clothes packed and maps ready, be sure to bring these items to make your trip more enjoyable!
- Sleeping bag
- BackShield® to help improve posture and relieve back pain while spending long hours in the car
- Travel pillow
- Eye mask
- Offline music playlist (Spotify, Apple Music, etc. Be sure to download before you leave!)
- Bluetooth speaker
Long hours in the car can often lead to bad posture causing back pain. BackShield® is a “high quality, innovative and comfortable back support product that improves posture and relieves back pain.” Visit www.backshield.com and get yours before you leave on your next trip to ensure a pain-free adventure!
#4: FOOD AND EATING ACCESSORIES
Be sure to pack some snacks for the ride! Here are some ideas for non-perishable foods to bring as you drive.
- Granola bars
- Trail mix
- Sliced bread
- Whole fruit
- Dried fruit
- Reusable water bottle
- Food storage containers
- Ziplock bags
- Eating utensils
- Can/bottle openers
#5: IN CASE OF EMERGENCY
It’s good to be prepared! Since there are some things we can’t control, it’s always best to be ready for accidents or emergencies if they should happen.
- Insurance information
- Road side assistance contact
- Jumper cables
- Duct tape
- Extra water bottles
- Spare tire
- Tire jack
- First aid kit
Everyone loves a good road trip, but be sure you’re prepared before you leave! Whether you’re taking a day trip up to the mountains or setting out from coast to coast, be sure to include these five essentials as you pack to ensure you have the best travel experience possible.
“Long hours in the car can lead to back pain. BackShield® promotes good posture and reduces aches and pains. Before you leave on your next trip, be sure to get your BackShield® at www.backshield.com!”