Road trips have been a recreational staple in America for decades. Whether headed to
the beach, ski lodge, campsite, or some other exciting location, there are always more adventures to be had.
That’s why we have compiled a list of the best road trip destinations in the U.S. to help plan your travels in 2021. But before you leave on your next trip, be sure to get your BackShield® at www.backshield.com! Long hours in the car can lead to back pain. BackShield® has your back by promoting good posture and reducing aches and pains.
National Parks, Scenic Drives
With a population of just under 600,000, Wyoming has plenty of space to explore and is known to draw millions every year to its seven national parks, a few of which include Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and Devil’s Tower.
- Yellowstone National Park (Yellow Stone, WY), is known for its hot springs, mudpots, and geysers (the most famous of which is “Old Faithful”). Beautiful geological sights and hydrothermal pools make for aesthetic landscapes. With almost 1,000 miles of trails, Yellowstone is a must-see destination.
- Grand Teton (Moose, WY), boasts beautiful mountains for hiking, camping, and sightseeing. This park offers scenic views and many prime hiking trail options.
- Devil’s Tower (Devil’s Tower, WY), is one of the world’s most popular rock climbing locations in the U.S. No wonder, since it is such a unique summit in an open area of land. With an incredible history, the site offers hiking, immaculate night sky viewings, incredible photo-ops, and more.
Beach life, Scenic Drives, Winter Activities
From mountains to beaches, city life to the great outdoors, California has a diverse landscape for loads of activities. Whether you’re in the mood for an ocean dive or a mountain ski trip, there’s something for everyone in the Golden State.
- Mission Beach (San Diego, CA), is a popular stretch of sand and water with everything from delicious local food to carnival rides, a busy night-life, and a bustling boardwalk. It’s not surprising this beach attracts people of all kinds, especially the younger 20-something crowd.
- Yosemite National Park (Yosemite National Park, CA), is home to gorgeous rock formations, waterfalls, camping grounds, rivers and lakes, hiking locations, and more. It is truly a destination for the adventure-seeker as it offers many things to do in its vast 1,200 miles of wild outdoors.
- Pacific Coast Highway (San Juan Capistrano – Leggett, CA), is a scenic stretch of highway that runs along the west coast, up against the ocean. With mountain views and winding roads, this classic road trip is a can’t-miss.
Long hours in the car can often lead to bad posture causing back pain. BackShield® is a “high quality, innovative and comfortable back support product that improves posture and relieves back pain.” Visit www.backshield.com and get yours before you leave on your next trip to ensure a pain-free adventure!
National Parks, Deserts, Mountains, and Summer and Winter Activities
Utah offers diverse opportunities for adventurers of all kinds. With five national parks to choose from and miles of road to travel on, this state is a must-visit.
- The Great Salt Desert (UT), is a few thousand miles of terrain unlike anything else in the United States. While there isn’t anything scenic for many miles surrounding it, this barren yet breathtaking landscape is still worth the trip. Drive down Interstate I-80, which runs right through the desert for about 50 miles straight east to west. Just make sure you fill up on gas!
- Zion National Park (Springdale, UT), offers many actives ranging from backpacking, rock climbing, river-riding, canyoneering, and more. It offers gorgeous views for a fun outdoor adventure.
- Capitol Reef National Park (Teasdale, UT), boasts eye-catching rock formations perfect for hiking, canyoneering, and skiing.Its stunning landscape has the perfect backdrop for your next hike.
#4: New York
Tourist Destinations, Dining, City Life
New York state is home to tourist destinations sought by travelers not only within the U.S. but also around the world. New York has much to offer travelers of all kinds, from sight-seers to outdoor adventure-seekers.
- Manhattan (New York, NY), has been described as the capital of the world regarding entertainment, finance, culture, and more. From Central Park to Times Square, from coffee shops to clubs set in the vibrant nightlife, Manhattan is truly the place to be if you want to wake up in the city that never sleeps.
- Statue of Liberty (New York, NY), has been a tourist destination for decades. An iconic image set in Liberty Harbor, the site has excellent photo-ops, a museum, audio tours, and more. Bring your camera!
- Adirondack Mountains (Lake Placid, NY), offer any adventure-seeker about 45 peaks to ascend and miles of trails to explore. Cascade Mountain is a popular (and aesthetic) location for those wishing for a moderate hiking challenge.
Beaches, Tourist Destinations, and Attractions
With a broad coast and beaches to spare, Florida offers the perfect sunny getaway at any time of year. If you’re looking for a sandy vacation, Florida is your perfect destination.
- Miami Beach (Miami, FL), has several miles of sand if you’re looking for a spot in the sun. With outdoor dining, city activities, and one of the largest art shows in the country (which happens every December), this spot is perfect for a day at the beach and an evening on the town.
- St. Augustine (St. Augustine, FL), is a historic town known to draw tourists. It is the oldest European-established city that is still inhabited in the conterminous United States. With historic tours offered around the city, there are many things to do and locations to visit including the Fountain of Youth, Trolley rides, Castillo de San Marcos, and more.
- Clearwater Beach (Clearwater Beach, FL), is famous for its white and sandy beaches and has been acclaimed by many established travel companies. It is a beautiful place to spend the day in the water and sand and the evening out eating and shopping.
With so many diverse destinations, it can be a challenge to pick the perfect place for your next road trip. As you plan your next expedition 2021, refer back to this list for the best places to travel to in the U.S. Be sure to bring your BackShield©! Visit www.backshield.com