There are actually several exercises you can perform with your BackShield that will enhance your workout.
At BackShield, we’re huge proponents of preventative care and alternative forms of treatment for back pain. This week, we teamed up with Rebecca Jackson, founder of Builditforlife, a holistic fitness and health company in Seattle, Washington.
She’s a certified personal trainer and takes a healthy habit driven approach to her work with clients that we just love. We gave her a BackShield and before we knew it, she showed some new ways to use it!
Rebecca Jackson, Build It For Life Founder
Hey Rebecca, we heard you’ve been using your BackShield in some interesting ways, could you share more with us and the BackShield community?
Sure! The BackShield isn’t just for car rides! There are actually several exercises you can perform with your BackShield that will enhance your workout. It’s great because if you are using your BackShield in the car, you’ll have your workout gear ready for an on-the-go workout.
Here are a few exercises you can do with your BackShield helping you along the way:
- Use the straps on the BackShield to attach it to your back.
- Squat with your back in good alignment (helped along with the BackShield).
- Make sure your abdominal muscles are held in and your hips are going back like you are sitting in a chair.
- Place your hands on the outside of the BackShield and do a mountain climber. By having your body slightly elevated (from the BackShield) you will be able to move your legs faster which will make this wonderful abdominal exercise a cardiovascular exercise as well.
- Place your hands on the outside of the BackShield
- Begin in plank position, with your shoulders over your wrists, your body in one straight line, and your feet together.
- Like the motion of a jumping jack, jump your legs wide and then back together.
- Place your hands on the outside of the BackShield and do a burpee. Having to land your hands on the BackShield instead of the floor to do a push-up at the bottom will engage more triceps.
Awesome, thanks Rebecca, these are great exercises! Can you give us an example of how we could turn that into a full workout?
Of course, I’ve made a workout just for those of you out there with a BackShield. Try this:
- 10 Squats
- 10 push-ups
- 30 seconds of mountain climbers
- 20 Squats
- 10 Burpees with a push-up on the Back Shield
- 30 seconds of plank jacks
Repeat 2-3 times